Below is a brief overview of how patrons will be able to use FulfILLment:
• Patrons will access the NGDI (next generation discovery interface) through the “find elsewhere” (customizable) link in their home catalog. Clicking the link will allow them to browse the union catalog of libraries connected through FulfILLment. After choosing the material they want, the patron has to authenticate (if not already logged in) and complete the request.
• Patrons will be able to specify a “need by” date.
• Patrons will be able to opt-in for email notification when a request “need by” date is expiring and use the link to the request to change the date or cancel.
• Notifications of cancelations and items ready for pick-up can be made via email or print. Although FulfILLment will not be able to do print notices itself, it will be configurable to output PDFs or it can be integrated with a third party printer like Unique.
• Patrons will be able to select pick-up location.
• Patrons will be able to suspend requests that are unfilled and reactivate them at a later time.
• If a patron requests a serial, the interface will ask for volume and number information. Patrons may also include more specificity (example: article on page 30 by Smith) in the notes field.
Below is a brief overview of how Staff will be able to use FulfILLment:
• Staff will be able to access a “pull list” from the FulfILLment interface which will display and print a list of items that have been requested. This list can be run at any time.
• Staff will pull requested items from the shelf and scan the item barcodes in another FulfIllment interface screen. The system will print a receipt or wrapper upon barcode scan.
• With proper permissions, staff may use the interface to also edit, delay, or reject a request.
• If the request is rejected, the system will automatically try to find another copy to fill the request.
• Staff may search by request ID or any other field – title, patron name, barcode, etc.
• Staff has the option of targeting a specific copy at a specific library when placing a request for a patron. Patrons will not have this option.