Have you been wondering how FulfILLment will handle patron management and privacy? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Read on for an overview of both.
Patron Management in FulfILLment:
Did you know…?
- FulfILLment can automatically create patron records on the fly when an ILL is initiated by a patron or staff member on behalf of the patron by pulling information directly from the home ILS.
- Standard patron fields will include: names, home library, barcode, DOB, email address, 3 phone fields, unlimited physical addresses, profile, standing, barred, expiration, group, and statistical categories (stat cats). A statistical category is a reportable field in Evergreen Open Source ILS that allows staff to organize and gather information about sets of patrons and/or copies. Examples of commonly used patron statistical categories include residency, age, school district or department. Examples of commonly used copy statistical categories include funding, genre or reading level. (Thanks to Shae Tetterton, Project Manager, Equinox Software, Inc., for this description of stat cats!)
- FulfILLment will support searching on all patron fields.
- FulfILLment will prevent patrons from requesting material for which they already have an active ILL request.
- FulfILLment can track patron fines, charges and overdues.
- FulfILLment allows staff to create policies to determine/control patron eligibility. This is flexible down to specific libraries or specific item types.
Patron Privacy in FulfILLment:
Did you know…?
- FulfILLment can be set to remove patron information after ILL transactions are complete.
- FulfILLment can be set to require confirmation that a patron is sharing their data with a foreign library upon ILL initiation.
- FulfILLment can be set to retain as much or as little patron data as local policy requires.
Be sure to check back next week for another update. The next post will cover the exciting realm of Policies and Permissions.